Tuesday, July 29, 2008

She's got a paw out


Teagan still sleeps best when she is swaddled. Now that she is getting bigger and stronger, she is sometimes able to work her hands out of the swaddle. When Paul first saw her do this on the video monitor, he said "She's got a paw out." This amused me that he was calling her hands her paws so now it is kind of our running joke. Whenever we see her get her hands out, one of us always has to say "She's got a paw out." Although I am glad she does well sleeping swaddled, it is getting harder now that she can get out of the swaddle. Yesterday her swaddling blankets with velcro were in the wash, so I had to swaddle her for a nap in a regular blanket. She quickly worked her arms free and took quite a short nap. She spent part of the nap waving her arms around while half-sleeping.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rach-
Kate did the same thing. I think that stage passed pretty quickly. Eventually, her arms got less spastic. At 9 months, we still swaddle her when we put her down, but as soon as she's down,she rolls over and pops her hands out :) I think she just likes the process before bedtime. it's fun to see how you're doing!