Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cow, chicken, & duck


Teagan has a little farm themed rocking chair with hanging toys that she seems to really like. This chair is great because it allows me to actually eat a meal without a baby on my lap. I call the hanging animals her "friends", but Paul calls them "cow, chicken, & duck." I don't know if he is just really trying to confuse Teagan, or maybe he missed preschool the day they learned about animals, but the animals are a sheep, cow, and pig. To further the confusion, I have been reading her the Sandra Boynton book Moo, Baa, La, La, La which has a line "three singing pigs say la, la, la." So now, not only will she be confused about what farm animals are called, she will also learn that pigs say "la." Oh well. Lucky for her I tell her the name of the animals while she is batting at them. Since I do this several times a day, I am counting on my influence being stronger than Paul's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck Rach- I think little girls are partial to the crazy things their dads tell them. as a matter of fact - didn't your dad tell us the same crazy stuff????