Ever since she was a newborn Teagan has hated riding in the car. Newborns are supposed to love the car and fall right asleep, right? Not Teagan. I think it went along with her not ever wanting to be put down. She would fuss even if I put her in a bouncer seat for a few minutes. And the swing, forget it! Since it was no fun staying home all the time, and even less fun to ride in a car with a screaming baby, we decided to try changing Teagan's car seat. We stopped using the infant seat and switched to a larger convertible car seat. Well, I don't know if it was the change in seat, or just her changing as she gets older, but she is doing better and better with each car trip. No more screaming! Today I went out to the store not because I absolutely HAD to, but because I just wanted to. There was no crying and she even fell asleep on the way home!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Better and better every day
Ever since she was a newborn Teagan has hated riding in the car. Newborns are supposed to love the car and fall right asleep, right? Not Teagan. I think it went along with her not ever wanting to be put down. She would fuss even if I put her in a bouncer seat for a few minutes. And the swing, forget it! Since it was no fun staying home all the time, and even less fun to ride in a car with a screaming baby, we decided to try changing Teagan's car seat. We stopped using the infant seat and switched to a larger convertible car seat. Well, I don't know if it was the change in seat, or just her changing as she gets older, but she is doing better and better with each car trip. No more screaming! Today I went out to the store not because I absolutely HAD to, but because I just wanted to. There was no crying and she even fell asleep on the way home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment