Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Going old school



Since using cloth diapers isn't exactly the most common thing around here, people usually are skeptical and have questions about how that is working for us. I had been quick to let people know that cloth diapers have come along way and aren't just the old school prefolds that my mom used when I was a baby. There are so many options now and they are really cute and easy to use. However, since the fancy new diapers range from $15-$25 per diaper, a lot of people still use the prefolds. Teagan has been outgrowing most of the diapers that we started with, so I have been searching for the new "perfect" diaper for her. This can get kind of expensive trying out lots of different things. At around $2 per diaper, I decided to go back to the basics and give the old school prefolds a try. I have been amazed at how simple they are to use and there are a lot of cute covers to choose from. Although I still like to use my fancy diapers for going out, I think I am going to stick with the prefolds for around the house.

No comments: