
I had been trying to think of how to prepare spinach in a way that Teagan would be able to eat, since I usually just eat it as a salad. While looking through a cookbook, I got the inspiration to lightly steam it and then chop it in my mini food processor. It was the perfect texture and size and she ate it right up mixed with some rice. She looked so happy that I just had to take a picture. So far, she will eat just about anything as long as she can feed it to herself. She lets me "help" with yogurt by handing her the spoon, but that's about all the assistance she will tolerate! It's actually quite nice to be able to just put her food on her tray while we eat our meal at the same time.
I recently got a cookbook called Deceptively Delicious, and it has a lot of great recipes that use fruit and vegetable purees to add extra fruit and vegetable servings to your diet. I can't wait to try some of them out. They all look really good! A big part of Teagan's diet is still mainly fruits and vegetables, but now that she is also eating some pasta, breads, and rice, I can see how it gets harder to still fit all the fruits and vegetables in that we all need each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment