Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Word

Okay, so maybe she didn't exactly say her first word, but she did sign it! We have been consistently showing Teagan the sign for cup every time we give her the sippy cup for the last few months. Yesterday, she actually started signing it herself! We do the ASL sign for cup, but Teagan has kind of come up with her own sign, opening and closing her hand, which is actually more like the sign for "milk". We've never even shown her that sign. Now when I ask her if she wants a drink, she does the sign. When we walked into the kitchen this afternoon and she saw her cup on the counter, she did the sign. I don't think she was necessarily asking for her cup, but just pointing it out to me. She seems so excited to be able to "say" something and have us understand it. At dinner I was telling Paul that I had the video camera out so I could tape her asking for a drink. She started doing her sign as soon as I said the word "drink."



And just for fun, here is also a video of Teagan "dancing" tonight.


1 comment:

Dr. H. said...

What a smart girl! That's awesome. Teagan is lovely.