Monday, March 9, 2009

Yogurt as a finger food!

Teagan is so determined to do it all herself with feeding and makes her wants very clearly known! Instead of just having the food on her tray, she wants the bowl, spoon, and food. She wants the whole piece of bread, not just pieces. She wants to drink from my cup instead of her sippy. And even if we are eating the same food, the food on my plate certainly looks more appealing than what is in front of her. Last night she wasn't too happy that I was trying to feed her yogurt, even though that consists of me putting the yogurt on the spoon and handing the spoon to her. That wasn't good enough. She wanted the whole bowl on her tray. I knew it would be messy, but it sure was funny! Although she is mostly just playing in the video, she actually ate the whole bowl of yogurt with her hands and wanted more! She did feed herself a few bites with her spoon but decided it was just more fun with her hands. When I cleaned her up, she actually had yogurt on her eyelashes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're more bold than I am! I think I was letting W & E feed themselves by now...and I let Aaron sometimes..when it's not too messy. But for the most part he still lets me feed him and I've been taking advantage of not having to bathe him every night! But when it comes to bread or fruit he doesn't like pieces either - he wants the whole thing - or at least most of it! He'll let me give him 1/2 a banana or 1/2 a slice of bread, but pieces he'll just throw on the floor! NO thank you!

Lani said...

Girl Teagan is so adorable Good for you letting her experience that, she added another wrinkle in her little brain that night! how fun, you are so good at keeping up with this blog she is getting so big! I can't believe in like a month she is going to turn 1