Sunday, August 21, 2011

1st Birthday!


I can't believe our baby boy just turned 1 year old! He is such a smiley, happy, easy going little boy. He loves to play with Teagan and I often hear him squealing with delight. When he hears music, he drops everything to dance! Right around his first birthday he started to get a lot more confident with taking steps. He will now take 5 or 6 stops at a time. He has been walking with push toys for several months now and has really been enjoying a new dump truck push toy and ride on that we gave him for his birthday. I am still following a pretty strict grain free, dairy free, and many other things- free diet with Asher. It was a challenge to find a birthday cake that I felt comfortable giving him, but we were able to do one made with white beans and coconut flour. He really seemed to enjoy his first cake.



Seven months after we first started dealing with Asher's eczema, we still haven't been able to figure out what is triggering it. After seeing a chiropractor, a homeopath, our family doctor, a pediatrician, and a dermatologist, the only thing that has ever helped clear it up was the prescription steroid cream. I am not comfortable using that on a regular basis, so we are still looking for other options. An allergy to cat dander did show up on his allergy testing though, so the cat has now been permanently banished to the backyard.

I guess it's about time for us to take down the last of Asher's First Birthday Party decorations! We had a fun party with our family and Paul grilled rack of lamb to celebrate the occasion.

No comments: