Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The package says non-toxic...



Teagan loves to imitate writing whenever she finds a pen. She crawls around with the pen searching for some paper to "write" on. Since she likes to do that so much, I got her a Magna Doodle. That has become her favorite car toy right now. When we were at Target today, I decided to go ahead and get her some crayons. As I was getting lunch ready today, I put her in her chair with some paper and the crayons. She did great at first and seemed to get the hang of scribbling pretty fast. After a few minutes though, she decided to go ahead and taste the blue crayon. Soon she had blue crayon on her tongue and her teeth. She was pretty cooperative with letting me use a wash cloth to clean off her teeth and tongue.

Last night at dinner Paul and I were very impressed when Teagan decided to use her fork to eat her meatloaf and peas. She did an amazingly good job of stabbing the meatloaf and used her fingers to put the peas on her fork before putting it in her mouth. Today at lunch she also decided to use her fork to eat peaches. Is she the smartest baby or what?

And for the walking progress update... She is really taking off! She will pretty readily attempt to walk short distances and has surprised us with some of the longer distances that she has walked independently. She loves to walk around the house while I hold her hands. Anytime I say "You want to walk to the potty, your room, etc..", she always answers "ya!"

No comments: